Monday, January 26, 2015

Thanksgiving in Spokane!

 We went to visit Ashley's family in Spokane for Thanksgiving. Stephanie and her family went also. It was a very nice trip. This first picture isn't Thanksgiving, I don't think. It's just Aspen and Nate eating some candy. I just really liked Aspen's face.
 Nate and Nate sort of spent a lot of time playing Clash of Clans on their tablets. But at least they were watching Luke, right?
 The ONLY picture I took of Thanksgiving. Dang it. It's Jen, Brad and Stephanie dishing up. While we finished preparing dinner, we sent the kids out to play. They were having a ball. Then, dinner was ready. And all of us adults looked at each other and decided to eat a peaceful, quiet Thanksgiving dinner. So we did. We totally let the kids all play while we ate in peace. It was so nice, actually. I was Thankful. I felt a little guilty. Then Tripp came in and wanted to eat. So he sat at the kids table alone for a while. It's odd, I know, but it was nice!

 Of course, the men had to watch football. But the kids wanted to watch Netflix, so Ashley turned it on in the office. I thought this sight was so funny. Six kids gathered around a little computer screen. But they were all happy. Funny kids.
 The day after Thanksgiving, we went to the Coeur d'Alene Resort to have brunch. I love that place. No giant desserts this time. Just normal brunch.
 Apparently Aspen was a little mad that we didn't order a Gooey.
 Me, Aspen, my sister Ashley, her daughter Halle.
Of course, the kids loved decorating sugar cookies. Sooo yummy. Tripp and Kate had a hart time NOT licking the knives. Or the top of the cookies.

No comments: