Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Our last fling!

Three weeks ago, Nate and I went on one last vacation before our little fella comes. We went to Maine with our friends Ryan and Crystal and their baby Porter. Exactly one year ago, Crystal was about to give birth and needed a getaway, so the four of us went to Cape Cod and Martha's Vineyard (see previous post in May 2008). This is our new tradition, I think. We just rented a little cottage that was adorable and had a lot of fun.
Nate and I are at a cool rock/cave thing that spouts water when the waves come in. It was pretty cool.

Of course we had to find a light house while in Maine.

Maine is famous for lobster and here is a fishing village, complete with lobster traps and boats. We did go out to dinner one night and try lobster. Actually Nate and I tried a little of the lobster that Crystal ordered.
The Bush family compound in Kennybunkport, Maine. There were secret service agents all around the property, but I'm guessing they are there even when George W isn't. Notice the Texas flag in the front yard.




4 comments:

Ashley C said...

Look at you, all pregnant and stuff! You look great Mel! I cant wait for you to have your baby boy. I bet you can't wait even more.

Emily Alexander said...

That looks like a fun trip. Not as fun as that time you and me went to Europe for a month though. That was better.

Nate and Mel said...

ummm....yes. that was a million times better. can you believe it's been 12 years already? i want to go back to Italy so bad.

The Buckner Family said...

It is about time we got to see your baby belly. You look good! I hope everything is going well. We think of you guys often.