Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Working Mom Guilt

I know that I only work 2 days each week (and Nate is with Tripp those days) and I shouldn't feel guilty - but I do. Every day. I feel guilty if I put Tripp in his bouncy seat to watch Baby Einsteins for 20 minutes while I take a shower. I feel guilty if breast feeding isn't going so great and I have to give him formula. I feel like I'm either letting him down, or Nate, or work, or my church obligations. And the kicker: Tripp rolled over for the first time last week while I was at work. I MISSED IT! He did it again and I missed it. At least Nate was there both times. I feel like guilt starts the second you become a Mom. This sounds like I'm Debbie Downer. I really am LOVING being a mom and, quite frankly, I have the sweetest little boy in the world. I wouldn't trade this for anything. I just wish I could stop feeling guilt. Guilt should be reserved for making really bad decisions and purposely doing stuff to hurt other people. Not for those who are doing the best they can to be a good mom.

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

yeah, you shouldn't be feeling so much guilt. stop it, you!