Monday, October 11, 2010

Heritage Park

A couple weeks ago we went to Heritage Park at This is the Place Monument with Anne, Jack and Charlie (lucky Dan was in Boston). They brought a bunch of houses/buildings from all over and made a little town. There is the original ZCMI, BYU, Desseret News building, Lucy Mac Smith's house, other famous people's houses. The kids can go inside buildings and do pioneer type crafts and pet animals, etc. It was cute for the kids and neat to learn about pioneer history. I don't care about the dirty looks I get from people because my kid is on a leash. I'd rather him not run away from me and get lost or hurt. And look: he doesn't seem to mind at all. Right? Right? Guys?
Jack and Tripp watching the black smith do his demonstration.
Me, Nate and Tripp in front of the original ZCMI. Now it's a little general store with old fashioned candy and games. They took this building apart brick by brick. Holy crap.

He wouldn't pet the animals, just poke at them. He had fun playing with Charlie and Jack.

There were these cute little mini houses for the kids to play in.

The original BYU. They brought this building over from Provo.

Tripp and I are riding the big train that took us all around the village.

Anne, Jack, Nate and Tripp riding the mini train around the lake.

At the end of the day, Jack was so tired he fell asleep while waiting for the train to take us back to the parking lot. It doesn't look comfortable.

4 comments:

The Buckner Family said...

We use "The LEash" where ever we go!!! LOve it!!!

Ashley C said...

Tripp is so cute. And he looks so much older! And I totally agree with the leash, especially at that age. People who give you dirty looks for using one are idiots. There is nothing wrong with not wanting your child to get lost or hurt.

Emily Alexander said...

That looks like a really neat place, I want to go there next time I'm in Utah. And I agree with ash about the leash.

Stephanie said...

Aww, Tripp looks cute wearing that leash. I say whatever to those who look down on it.