
Here's the thing: I accidentally conditioned my 2 year old to want pears whenever he hears 'One Republic.' I pretty much always have them playing and Tripp sings along to them and Adele and Jack Johnson. He LOVES 'Rolling in the Deep.' Well, one day, I put on One Republic and I sat Tripp on the counter and gave him a pear. It's the first time he'd eaten a pear in it's whole form. He'd only had them cut up and canned. He loved it. So he sat there through several songs, eating a pear. Two days later, I put on One Republic again and Tripp said "mama, I eat a pear?" I thought it was pretty funny, but figured it was a coinsidence.
Several weeks go by, I've played tons of other CD's like Adele and Les Miserables (my family will roll their eyes that I STILL play that CD all the time) and others. Then I get out my One Republic CD and he asks for a pear again. It has happened many times since. I don't always have pears, so he settles for a green apple. Anyway, he truly thinks that he needs to eat a pear when he hears One Republic. Sooooo funny. I could pretty much mess this kid up if I wanted to. I could teach him anything and he'd believe me.
**please ignore the fact that his hair looks terrible. he needed a hair cut at the time.
2 comments:
that is so cute. And funny.
I think that's hilarious that he is conditioned like that. I wonder what else you could condition him to do...
Post a Comment